<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 17, 2006

THE THINGS WE DO 

Is the motivator love? Obligation? I don't know, but this afternoon I occupied a table at the kids' version of Vegas and attempted to corral our designated hostess into giving us plastic forks for the birthday cake (I do know the guests will eat it with their grubby hands, no hesitation, if you don't act quickly).

I've been there before for similar shindigs so I thought I knew the drill but things seemed even more chaotic than I remembered, the hostess more unavailable than I remembered. Finally, she explained. She was a trainee and having some difficulties with her duties. Oh joy. I became more vigilant about the schedule. I called her over again. Weren't the kids supposed to be getting tokens to play the games? Yes, she said, but her twin sister was the one assigned to us and not her. Really.

Of course the kids had a great time anyway. The Warrior Monk had a beer which kept him on an even keel. I? I had a post (the bar is low nowadays).

1 Comments:

Hold the phone. Are you implying that Chuck E. Cheese serves beer? Or was WM drinking alone in a parked car outside the restaurant?

By Blogger Nicko McDave, at 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment